White Bean Pork Chili
Infused with poblano peppers, hatch green chiles, seasoned with garlic and oregano and finished with diced applewood-smoked bacon and pieces of Perry's Famous Pork Chop.
Yield: 4 Main Courses
- ½ lb Perry’s Famous Pork Chop leftovers, finely diced
- 3 strips Bacon, cut ¼” wide
- 1 tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cup Yellow onions, finely diced
- ½ cup Poblano pepper, finely diced
- 5 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. Oregano, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Cumin powder
- 7 oz. can Diced Hatch Green chiles, medium heat
- 10 oz. Cannellini beans
- 2 cups Chicken stock
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. Black pepper
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup Crisp tortilla strips
- 1 cup Red onions, finely diced
- 1 cup Cilantro leaves
- 12 Flour tortillas, served warm on the side
- In a heavy bottom pot over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Once the butter is melted, add the bacon and, stirring frequently, cook until it begins to brown.
- Add onions, poblanos, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook until tender.
- Stir in beans, canned chilis, oregano, chicken stock and diced pork chop. Reduce heat to low and let simmer as it continues to cook for 15-20 minutes, until thick.
- Garnish with Monterey Jack cheese, tortilla strips, red onions, and cilantro. Serve with flour tortillas.