Seven-layer pork lasagna made with our Famous Seven-Finger-High Pork Chop, spinach ricotta, parmesan and mozzarella cheese and ratatouille style vegetables including zucchini, peppers, eggplant, tomatoes and garlic.
Yield: 8 Servings
Ingredients – Meat Sauce:
- 3 cups Perry’s Famous Pork Chop leftovers, finely diced
- 20 pieces Oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 1 ½ cups Mixed bell peppers, finely diced
- 2 tsp. Red chili flakes
- 6 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium Carrots, peeled and finely diced
- ¾ cup Tomato paste
- 12 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 ½ cartons Pomi chopped tomatoes
- 1 ½ cup Zucchini, finely diced
- 1 ½ cup Eggplant, finely diced
- 3 tbsp. Oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Ingredients – Ricotta Mix:
- 3 cups Fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Cooked and chopped spinach
- 1 large Egg
- 2 tsp. Lawry’s garlic salt
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
Combine all of the above ingredients in a bowl and reserve for assembly of lasagna.
Ingredients – Lasagna Assembly:
- 6 cups Dry mozzarella
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups Fresh basil, finely chopped
Instructions — For the Meat Sauce:
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the olive oil. Once shimmering, add in the shallot and sauté, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add the eggplant and turn the heat to high. Fry the eggplant with the olive oil and shallots for another minute.
- Add the garlic, zucchini, peppers and carrots to the pan. Season with salt, pepper, oregano and chili flakes and continue sautéing, stirring frequently.
- When the vegetables begin to soften, add in the diced pork chop and tomato paste.
- Continue to cook, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes, until the paste begins to deepen in color.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and mix to combine.
- Reduce the temperature to medium heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened. Set aside for lasagna assembly.
Instructions – Lasagna Assembly:
- Preheat oven to 375° and coat a 13 x 9’’ pan with olive oil.
- Spread a think layer of the meat sauce to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Top with 4 lasagna noodles to cover the bottom. Gently spread half of the ricotta mix over the top, then sprinkle 2 cups of mozzarella and 1 ⁄3 of the remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle half of the fresh basil on top.
- Add another layer of 4 noodles and repeat the process above with ricotta mix, mozzarella, meat sauce and basil.
- Finish with a final layer of noodles, meat sauce, parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the pan with foil and place in the oven for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, remove the foil and continue baking until hot and bubbly, and the mozzarella begins to brown (10-15 minutes).
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 45 minutes before cutting and serving.